Monday, December 8, 2008

Sleepy baby land...




The fog is slowly lifting. I hope this entry makes sense...I'm operating on only a few hours of sleep. Its been hard adjusting to no sleep, but totally worth it for all the sleepy cuddle time with Owen. We are all madly in love with him. He is super cuddly and smells SO good.
For those of you that don't know....Owen was born on Wednesday Dec. 3 at 4:52 a.m. He was 7lbs 13 oz and 21 inches long.
I was scheduled for an induction the following day and Owen is such a good baby he came naturally...just in time the night before. A cuban guy Drew works with told Drew to say a prayer over my belly to make the baby come. Drew did this and then we went into town to see a movie to get my mind off the induction. I started getting mild contractions in the movie but thought nothing of it because i had the same the night before. We then went to go eat some mexican food (i was told to eat spicy to kick him out), and my contractions started coming so fast we had to leave once our entrees arrived and made a run for the hospital. We arrived at the hospital at 7p.m. I labored with contractions for four hours, and then received an epidural (which was awesome). Owen arrived shortly after we began pushing. All warm and lovely.
Back to sleepy baby land...I will post more pics when I can.


5 comments:

brixpicks said...

Congrats again, Sara, he's such a cutie! I love reading all your updates!! Get some sleep and give Owen a little kiss on the head for me.

Michelle said...

He is so sweet, all snug in his mommy's arms!! Im glad you are all home and resting :) I love you!!c

Unknown said...

Oh my god...so beautiful. And so happy to hear Owen came on his own! He was just being stubborn and playing tricks with his mamma. Can't wait to meet him!!

Mary said...

Sara, Drew, and Owen
He is so handsome and is such a great mix of you both. I am so glad you are all doing well. I hope Robert gets to come see him soon, he seems so excited too. I know it will be awhile but I will be looking forward to meeting Owen. I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!

Anonymous said...

what a good story, we got a very similar christmas present last year. so happy that he came on his own, and in his own time. hes such a cute baby. i can really see your face in his. its good to hear everything is settling down. kisses to drew and owen. x