Tuesday, May 27, 2008

This week will be better...

Last week was officially the week from hell. It is also the reason behind the lack of posts and the lack of pictures. My pregnancy has been a little on the rough side. My morning sickness has subsided (which is wonderful), but has been exchanged with new maladies. At the beginning of last week I started another headache that lasted 48 hours (the third of its kind since my pregnancy began). I really hate these headaches. The Tylenol does not touch them. I called my doctor because I couldn’t take it anymore, and she said I needed to get to a neurologist immediately. There was concern that I may have a blood clot due to the length and frequency of my headaches. This of course completely freaked me out. Luckily, the neurologist found nothing to worry about, and just diagnosed me with severe migraines due to the pregnancy hormones. Excellent. Then, a day after my headache subsided I started to get some tooth pain. This evolved into extreme pain and swollen gums over the next day. I went to my dentist who told me I had an abscess, which was probably due to the pregnancy hormones, and actually very common for pregnant women. I had read about pregnant women having bleeding gums and gingivitis, but the abscess was horrendous. I do not recommend dental work when you are only allowed to take Tylenol….ever. This week has to be better. This week WILL be better.

5 comments:

Justina said...

oh honey bunny - sorry to hear about your week from hell :( but it can only get getter from here!! wishing you a super duper great week!!!

Michelle said...

Oh my god! I'm so sorry! This week will totally be better for you, I promise.
I love you

Anonymous said...

sorry sara, that sounds awful. your little body is too sensitive! you poor thing! you should probably have some chocolate/go shopping.
i hope you have a better week.
xoxoxo
dm

brixpicks said...

Ouch, hope this week is a better one for you! Hugs

marsh said...

i'm so sorry you felt lousy... i hope this week has gone better for you! XOXO